Thursday, April 29, 2010

Love of Reading


Another favorite past time of mine is reading.  Hubby and I both love to read so we have lots of books.  Everywhere...in our house...you will find books.  

We dedicated a bedroom upstairs as a library and it is filled with mostly our paperback pocket books.  Another bedroom has a sofa sleeper in it and we called it the "Teddy Bear" room because it holds my teddy bear collection on book shelves.  It's also where I have many of my books stored (...that my hubby isn't interested in).  We have a Danish solid teak 3 unit bookcase in our living room that is completely filled with books.  There is no room to put any decorating items on it (as designers love to do).  And we have two Danish teak book units in our family room that store books and other things.  The last place to find books is in our finished basement.  

We don't know how many books we have altogether but we have a hand held scanner and inventory computer program that we bought a few years ago and of the books bought since then we currently have 700 books in inventory.   My goal is to scan all of our books someday.  We are in the process of de-cluttering our basement and we are going through one book wall unit down there to see what books we can throw out and/or donate to Good Will.   

The books above (except for the Blogging book) have been purchased to read on our upcoming RV trip to Alaska this summer.  These aren't hubby's selection they're mine.   We do overlap on some books that we both enjoy reading.   I've started to read Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey and like it very much.  Hopefully I will learn something to help my blogging out.  

Are any of you book worms too?     

4 comments:

  1. I love to read too but I have a hard time with finding the time with work nd all.
    I don't think you need any help with your blog..I Love it just the way it is!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands up - I too am a book lover. During many moves over the last 5 moves I have managed to reduce the books to one bookshelf!!!!! Wish I still had some of my childhood favourites though - just no room.
    I enjoyed the Forgotten Garden, hope you will too
    Historical Fiction used to be my absolute fave and I still go back to them every now and then. More interested in Historical Non-Fiction nowdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading and I love books. I have many at home. For me a book can never be replaced by anything electronic.
    My Irishman reads for me every night, before sleep. That is the best part of every day for me.;)
    Lovely post dear Sandy,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    Looks like you have a good selection started for your trip this summer. I had brought a couple with me and ended up getting rid of one at the first airport we got to but did bring my tea book with me and it's a keeper. We love books and would really like to have a library too.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete