Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sneak Peek!

Our Fireplace Mantel...so far...

I'm decorating our fireplace mantel - this is a sneak peek - I'm not done yet.  

It was so dark and dreary here yesterday with pouring down rain as severe thunderstorms came through our area.  But today is sunny and in the lows 40s so I plan on cutting some white pine branches and maybe holly branches from our yard to add to the mantel.  

Vintage Ornament and American Beauty in the background.

American Beauty, my newest crochet throw project, is coming along.  

I'm on row 9...it will be 10 by 10 granny squares or 10 by 12 depending on the size.   

I love it's bright colors.

Hubby and I went to Target the other day to get some Christmas stuff and we bought another $25 slim tree to put in our family room.   The tree was on sale for $20!   I'm hanging my vintage ornaments on it now.  The other slim tree from Target will be placed in our living room.  

These trees are so lightweight...and they don't take up much space at all in our rooms.  And they are so pretty when decorated.  We gave our previous large tree to our niece this year.

More vintage ornaments!
Well, back to Christmas decorating...more photos will be coming!


Please join me for:
Make It My Day at Backyard Eden
Gina at The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Artie at Color Outside the Lines for Vignette Fridays


Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
 Tammy at Tinsel & Company for Deck The Halls Friday (here). 
Ronda's Christmas Vignette (Friday, Dec. 7)
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday

Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 


8 comments:

  1. Well we much prefer snow here it's less messy but we can't always get it. Right now we're back with about an inch of snow on the ground down here covering everything so it looks nice. I love the red/white/blue look can't go wrong with that as they always say. Slim trees are a good idea. Our flooring won't be in until the 17th so we'll go ahead and do the tree then slide it over when doing the flooring. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking really lovely. I'm looking foward to seeing a big reveal! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skinny trees...I may have the room for one of those...if they still have them tomorrow, I may get one.
    I thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.
    blessings,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait! :o) Christmas makes people happy and hopeful...and friendly!! should be like that year-round! have fun decorating! enjoy each minute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Anything Santa, for me, is perfect. I collect them, so...this was a most joyful post to visit.


    My Show n Tell is a Holiday post. Something my Husband made and I painted; Last Year! Here is the Link for you. Do stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking very festive and lovely, Sandy. I'm loving your American Beauty with it's vintage-y blue and red shades, perfect with the ornaments. Stay cozy! xx Josie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's looking very pretty in the peeks you gave us~ beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete