Sunday, February 17, 2013

Victorian Baby Jacket in PINK!





Our niece is expecting her second child this July.

I had already decided to give her the two baby blankies (here) and (here) I crocheted previously.

We were anxiously awaiting to hear if they were having a boy or another girl.   

While we were at Walt Disney World our niece texted us...




Another little princess for them!   

We were so pleased.

And then...

I saw this adorable little pink and white Victorian BABY Jacket on Pinterest. 



I fell in LOVE with this FREE pattern (download available here).

It's perfect for a PRINCESS!

Could I crochet this?

I have to try it.

I'm GOING for it. 

Now mind you I have only ever crocheted one baby dress (for their first baby girl, Hailey) so this is a new challenge for me. 

Luckily I have a skein of Caron Simply Soft yarn in Soft Pink in my stash.

I love it in PINK!

My first try of the foundation chain and first two rows was off...my BAD...I didn't read the pattern correctly. 

 So I drew a rough diagram to help me out. 



 My second try was better. 

 I'm a visual person and I like diagrams along with the written instructions.

I just wish more designers would include them.



Wish me luck with this one!

More information on this project available on Ravelry (here).  

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, Sandy, you will make it and it will be beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely way to get such good news.;) And pink is always in style for a princess.;) Hope you are enjoying your Florida trip, we are also on vacation, but of a more winterly kind, in Italy.;)
    Take care,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to be a great-aunty again! BTW, you do have a way of finding the most gorgeous patterns! I'm sure you'll be up to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. I love that collar. Your crochet is so perfect. I am glad you are back and crocheting again. Looks like you had a great trip.

    ReplyDelete