Thursday, March 14, 2013

Flower Garden Potholder

I find that I like small potholders and dishcloths for use in my kitchen.  
  


Here's a cute one I'm working on called "Grandmother's Flower Garden Potholder".



The pattern can be purchased (here).

It's a Leisure Arts publication called "Kitchen Basics in Cotton" by Carolyn Christmas.

I'm not sure why it is considered a grandmother's potholder.

Maybe because it has a vintage look?

I chose some Lily Sugar n'Cream cotton yarns in cream and lime green.

Did you notice the green yarn is Tinkerbell green!!!

You crochet all the little "flowers" individually and then sew them together.

Two left to do and then a simple edging will finish this one off.

And then into the kitchen it will go.

Click (here) for more details.


I also use them as potholders for my cast iron skillet's hot handle... like I'm doing here with this little round red and lime green one.

It just fits my hand.


Do you cook with cast iron?

I love my cast iron skillet.

I have the delicious cornbread recipe from the Trail's End Restaurant at Ft. Wilderness (Walt Disney World, Florida) that I want to try baking in my cast iron skillet one of these days.  

Just had my cup of Keurig coffee and have some cleaning to do this morning.  

Having to host BUNCO has given me the inspiration to spring clean...and that's a good thing because our home needs it.


Ha! That's not the only thing coffee makes go "weeeeeeee"!

I go "wee", "wee"....all day!

Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. So true, Sandy!! Wee wee wee all the way home lol. I never did get used to cast iron cooking. Always rusted them out, my bad. I bet that cornbread is to die for. Love the color of your wool. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cast iron pots and pans. I'm always on the look out for more at garage sales, which is where I've found some really nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a cast iron skillet, or more like a wok pan, it was so heavy, I never could use it, so I gave it away. Lovely crocheting.;) Hope you have a great weekend dear Sandy,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete