Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Memorial Weekend

I would like to thank all the military service people safe guarding our country on this Memorial Weekend. 

We returned from our road trip Friday.   Hubby drove 3,000 miles on this one.   We visited the Headwaters of the Mississippi and traveled to Iowa to tour two RV manufacturers - Winnebago and Born Free. 

This is the first Winnebago Class A D22 model off the assembly line in 1967 that changed the RV world.  

Yesterday was our 39th wedding anniversary.   So strange how quickly the years have gone by.  Hubby surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and took me out for dinner.  Here's a photo I found of a younger us from sometime in the late 1980s (I think).  
Remember the vivid colors from the 1970s?  These are colors used in the Winnabego coaches back then....lots of oranges and greens.  
 
While on our road trip I crocheted up a storm making lots of hexagons for my pin cushion project.  

I'll "have" to go to Joann Fabrics this week to get more batting to finish them.   

While taking my first embroidery class on my new sewing machine I bought some buttons that will be perfect for my pin cushions.  I'm torn between sewing and crocheting.  

Last night was a bad night for me.  Lots of congestion and thick drainage down my throat all night.  Not sure what set it off - probably the weather.  So I didn't sleep well at all.  I'm taking it easy today and Hubby has been an angel making lunch for us today.  

We're glad to be home!

2 comments:

  1. Jeff needs to rest up too! Wow, all that driving!! Feel better, and relax a bit as I know another road trip is on the horizon, I'm sure. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary Pat.

    ReplyDelete