Monday, June 22, 2015

Poppies in the Field


This is a close up of the canvas art work I purchased at Target recently.

You can kind of see how it is textured with oil paints on the canvas.


Well, yesterday I got out the leveler and Command Strips and hung the two pieces over our new fabric headboard in our Master Bedroom.

I centered the two pieces right above the middle section of our headboard and marked the center lines and level lines with chalk.


I used two Command Strips…one on each upper corner.

These canvases are not heavy.


I let the Command Strips set for over an hour and then popped the pieces in place.

We still need to purchase new bedside tables for our Master Bedroom since we took apart our old 1980s Oak bed frame unit with the two towers, light bridge and low headboard with mirrors.

I would love to find some Danish ones and I know where there is a Danish store in PA but not here in Ohio.  


I love the pop of red with the touches of yellow.

We love our new fabric King size headboard and frame and Beauty Rest mattress that we purchased from Macy's.

It's so comfortable and when we need to sit up more in bed this headboard really gives us nice support.

Although we love the king size mattress…my goodness it is heavy!

On the plus side it is so heavy it doesn't move around at all but on the negative side I can't even lift it up to put the sheets and blanket on.  Luckily I can slide the sheets and blanket on or we would be in trouble.  



I'm so happy I saw these at Target!

I have custom drapes and fabric shades ordered for our Master Bedroom and Bath, one of our Jack & Jill Bedrooms and fabric shades for our lower level bedroom too.

This is only the second time we have had custom drapes.

If you remember, we had the blue toile drapes, valances (here) and curtains (here) in our Master Bedroom and Bath in our previous PA home.

I'm going with different fabrics in our OH home.

This time we decided to line all window treatments with dark out fabric so we will always have a nice dark room to sleep in regardless of the time of day.  


It's a beautiful day here (finally after a strange day yesterday with dark clouds and rain off and on all day) and I'm sitting out on our screened in porch.

It's so nice sitting here listening to the birds and drinking my morning coffee before I start the day's activities and errands.  

I haven't seen any deer this morning but we have a doe with her two little ones that come through our wooded area behind our home quite often. 

Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting me! 


4 comments:

  1. Well I loved you lovely blue room in the last house. It's hard to beat blue and white . But this is a new place and time to furnish it and change things around. Very few people use curtains here at the moment. It 's all shutters everywhere and we are gradually putting them in all the rooms in our house. I have to say they are very good for light control and it is so nice to have a dark room to sleep in but they do involve a bit of cleaning - much easier than putting curtains up and down though and better for dust allergies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to see deer wandering through. Glad you have a screened in porch here, too. Looks like you are settling in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've lived here almost 20 yrs and have never seen deer. Wild boar, coyote, skunk... And we've heard Bobcat -- our neighbors saw it. Never deet.
    I love your artwork.
    Your bedroom is going to look wonderful when you finish with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a nice piece of art that you have displayed. Two-panelled art is in vogue nowadays and they really look cool on walls.

    ReplyDelete